Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Camping at Garner State Park

To celebrate both Nathan and my birthday we decided to go camping at Garner State Park. This was the first time taking the dogs camping. Buddy did not sleep a wink at all the first night. It was a different environment and so many little sounds through out the night. Most of the time he would sit and just look out the tent, I think at one point I found him laying down but his eyes were wide open. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep either. Sometimes it is really like our dogs are our children. The next day we went hiking which I failed to bring the camera with us and missed a lot of great pictures............, guess we'll have to go back.:) Afterwards we went kayaking on the Frio river, the dogs too. Everyone kept saying "Oh, look at those cute dogs!" I had the life jacket around Zoey, it was cute. Wish I took a picture but that is hard to do on a kayak.:) When we were done kayaking we decided to see how the dogs would like the water.....ha, ha, ha. I think they thought we were trying to drown them! They were paddling for dear life! At one point Zoey started hyperventilating. The moment we put them in the water they tried swimming back onto shore. If we tried blocking them, they would try to climb on you frantically. Poor things! So that adventure didn't last long but not before we got a pretty funny video clip of Zoey, it reminded me of something shown on funniest home videos. LOL!! The second night after all those adventures and having no sleep the previous night, Buddy slept like a log!:)


I really wasn't eating that entire bag of Cheetos!


Sorry that this is flipped weird. I couldn't fix it afterwards or else I would have had to start all over again putting all these pictures in....oh well.
After being at the river we found this squirrel at our camp site and we were wondering why it was walking funny............then we found that it had eaten both bowels of dog food. LOL!


This was pretty much Buddy's position the first night, Zoey's too sometimes.
Buddy has some determination to make sure he sees what is going on!
People are always surprised that I like camping......Nathan says it is because I am high maintenance. I'll admit that to a certain extent that I am, you should have seen me constantly looking at the ground to make sure I wasn't stepping in an ant pile. But really, as long as there is a bathroom near by and a water spout like this, I can handle it.:)

4 comments:

texansusan said...

Cute pics! Looks like you had a great time!

The Smiths said...

How fun! I love the water pictures! :)

Miken Harding said...

Yeah...how fun.I can't wait to go camping now that I can sleep on the ground! Let's go! Happy early birthday. I want to take you to lunch.

Mandy said...

This really makes me miss camping! I want to go so bad! Squirrels are just nasty varmints! I hope that squirrel got really sick from eating that dog food. LOL! The water looked really pretty. I know my boys would have fun camping, except for at night. :)